Watch and listen to how the Sir Alexander Ewing-Ithaca College Speech and Hearing Clinic gives our speech-language pathology and audiology students an opportunity to practice their skills in a clinic setting with real clients:
Sir Alexander Ewing-Ithaca College Speech and Hearing Clinic
Our clinicians address the following disordered areas:
- Producing specific sounds or having an accent in need of modification to produce standard American speech sounds
- Smoothness or flow of speech (disorders include stuttering)
- Pitch, volume, or quality of voice
- Comprehension and/or expression
- Audibility and speech understanding
- Attention, memory, problem-solving skills
- Social interaction and pragmatic skills
- Need for assistive technology
Graduate students and upper level undergraduate students provide service delivery under the supervision of academic and clinical faculty, who are nationally certified by the American Speech, Language, and Hearing Association (ASHA).
School Year (January - June and September - December):
- Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The clinic operates under the same weather cancellation schedule as the Ithaca City School District.
The clinic is closed during the months of July and August.
Any person or agency may initiate a request for services.
202 Smiddy Hall
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
Fax: (607) 274-3753