Although I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, I knew Ithaca was the right choice after my first visit. My first tour of Ithaca College was on a high school trip in 2013; multiple people in my class told me it would be a good fit. Having a background in martial arts and an interest in physical activity led me to major in Health and Physical Education. Ithaca College has proven to be the perfect choice, as I have always had a passion for teaching and helping others succeed in academia.
The highlights of my Ithaca College experience include reviving the Health Education and Physical Education Major’s Club. I also worked as a resident assistant to second-year college students for two years which helped strengthen my relationship with Campus Life. From sophomore to senior year, I tutored anatomy and physiology and decided to create a YouTube channel dedicated to helping Anatomy & Physiology students. Finally, I was fortunate to study abroad in China, thanks to Dr. Hongwei Guan, and in Cyprus, thanks to Dr. Phoebe Constantinou. Some of my best memories have also taken place during Dr. Raj Subramaniam and Dr. Laura Campbell Carapella’s inspiring classes.
- Associate’s Degree, Bard College
- Dean’s List
- Selected as a NYS AHPERD Departmental Major of the Year
- Laurence S. Hill and Adrian M. Newens, Richard and Helen Lyon Memorial, Jami Erlich “Sunshine” ‘99 Memorial, Nancy L. Olsen Endowed, Chester S. Southwick, Brian Truhn ‘69, and Philip James Butterfield Scholarships
- Oracle and Phi Kappa Phi Honor Societies
- Peggy R. Williams Award for Academic and Community Leadership
- President, Health Education and Physical Education Major’s Club
- Professional Excellence Award
- Ruth Abernathy Presidential Scholarship – SHAPE America
- Study Abroad (China and Cyprus)