This year, the award provides students with up to $750 per internship credit registered, up to a maximum of three credits ($2,250). All Emerson Internships are credit-bearing, with a one credit minimum, but preferably for three credits or more.
The H&S application to be the School's nominee has two components:
1) a letter of support from the faculty member who will serve as the sponsor for the internship - this letter should be sent directly to the H&S Dean's office, as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The faculty sponsor letter should be in the dean's office by the deadline below.
2) a proposal of one to two pages that includes the following information:
- your full name and permanent address
- your major(s) (and minor(s) if any), and overall GPA
- number of credits you will register for during the summer (awardees must register for at least one credit)
- site and dates (estimate will suffice) of the internship, and a brief description of the nature of the organization and the internship responsibilities
- a discussion of how the internship is integrated with your educational program, and your professional/career plans
Please name this document according to the following convention: (e.g., Smith,A_EmersonInternshipApp_Sum2021), and submit it as an email attachment to email@example.com; hard copies will not be accepted.
Additional information and updates can be found on the Office of the Provost's website. NOTE: The deadline for H&S applicants varies from the deadline set by the Office of the Provost. The H&S deadline is noon on April 26, 2021.
*Students should confirm their financial aid eligibility for the current academic year by contacting the Office of Student Financial Services (firstname.lastname@example.org; 607-274-3131) before submitting an application.