Skip to main content
- Complete three years of study of college-level Spanish (18 semester credit hours) or equivalent, including at least three semester hours of a course in Hispanic literature or Hispanic culture and civilization at the junior level. Student may be admitted to active membership while still enrolled in the second junior-level course if all other requirements have been met and if the instructor of the course certifies that the student’s work is of “B” or “A” quality.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in all Spanish courses taken
- Rank in upper 35% of the class—sophomore, junior, or senior—and must have completed at least three semesters or five quarters of college work
- Graduate students who have been unconditionally admitted to a degree-granting program may be elected to membership upon completion of two graduate courses in Spanish with an average which, if continued, will make the student eligible for a graduate degree
- Students are nominated by faculty