The Finger Lakes Geriatric Education Center (FLGEC) Collaborative Learning Environment® is an online forum focusing on the care of Older Adults. It is offered free of charge by the FLGEC through the CollaborNation® website. The online learning modules are designed with healthcare professionals, aging services professionals and caregivers in mind.
Registration is FREE and involves creating a user account by providing an e-mail address for user access, and completing participant demographic information (required by HRSA). E-mail addresses are never shared or used for marketing, only to provide log-in information or for password recovery. Modules range in duration, but most are approximately one hour and are self-paced.
Online learning modules currently being offered :
- Geriatric Assessment
- Elder Abuse Prevention
- Chiropractic Care for Older Adults
- Geriatric Oncology
- Suicide in Older Adults
- Aging with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities
- The 3Ds: Depression, Dementia, and Delirium
- Pain Self-Management
- Principles of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy
Taking the courses are easy, at your convenience and can be used for continuing education unit (CEUs).
To get started, you can follow these simple steps.
- Click this link.
- Create an account ( you will need to provide an email address )
- Browse the catalog for the available courses
- Select course(s) you want to take
- Take it at your convenience