Thank you for being tested for COVID-19. Given that you have symptoms that may be consistent with infection from the SARS-COV-2 virus, please follow the next steps carefully:
Register for a Patient Portal with Cayuga Health System
Your saliva sample will be going to the Cayuga Health System laboratory for processing. If you have not already done so, please register for a patient portal with Cayuga Health System. You can register for a patient portal by:
- Navigating to www.cayugamed.org
- Selecting “patient portal” at the top of the page
- Use the “don’t have an account” and “sign up” button at the bottom of the patient portal page to create a new account
- Use your “ithaca.edu” email address when registering
If you previously tested and established an account, you do not need to do so again.
Please do not contact Cayuga Health System for your results. Results are posted in your Cayuga Health System patient portal as soon as they are available. Samples are sent to the laboratory once a day, and the lab does not process lab results 24 hours a day. You can expect it to take approximately 48 hours to receive your results. If you are positive, you will receive a call from a contact tracer. If you are a student living in a residential hall or apartment, be prepared to relocate to Emerson Hall.
Self-Isolate Pending Test Results
Please practice self-isolation while you are awaiting test results.
- Minimize contact with anyone outside of your own household. Do not use shared public spaces, participate in athletics or clubs, or attend social events. Do not go to class.
- Use face coverings whenever you must be around others, including your roommate, except while sleeping.
- Do your best to maintain at least six feet of physical distancing when you must be around others.
- Use face coverings whenever using restrooms, except when showering. Use showers and bathroom facilities at “off” times to minimize contact with others.
- Use “to go” options from the dining halls to eat; cook alone in your kitchen and disinfect afterward; or use food delivery options.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Emerson Hall may be an option depending on capacity. Another option may be to go to a hotel.
Who to contact with questions:
Wrap Around Care Manager # 607-227-0402.
For Badge issues: please email firstname.lastname@example.org.