From Imagining Ithaca to Ithaca Forever
This fall, Imagining Ithaca will become Ithaca Forever, as the strategic plan that the community has envisioned over the past year moves to the implementation phase, turning ideas into actions.
The five-year plan presents a framework for how IC will provide an exceptional educational experience that is accessible, affordable, and responsive to the needs of the next generation of Ithaca College students.
“We are delighted to endorse and support the strategic plan, and we applaud the collaborative process within our community that produced it,” said David H. Lissy ’87, chair of the Ithaca College Board of Trustees. “We acknowledge that while this plan provides the strategic framework for the college over the next five years, it will require additional collaborative work to analyze and make challenging choices and decisions.”
President Shirley M. Collado said, “I am so proud of the intentional, inclusive approach that guided and sustained our strategic planning process. Imagining Ithaca is the result of the hard work and thoughtful participation of hundreds of people from our college community and from the Ithaca area, and I look forward to seeing how this tremendous effort will shape our institution in the years to come.” A detailed, year-one implementation plan will be shared with the campus community later this fall, and the college will officially launch Ithaca Forever.
The plan includes the following nine goals, each with corresponding objectives:
• Become a model for student success, engagement, and well-being, helping students to develop their unique potential
• Become a year-round campus for living and learning opportunities
• Structurally support and value collaboration, interdisciplinarity, curricular flexibility, and shared governance
• Develop cross-sector and community partnerships that address challenging issues, optimize the use of resources, and serve the public good
• Become a national model for colleges committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Determine and maintain an appropriate and sustainable size for our programs and structures, and the associated resources, at every level of the institution
• Commit to being an employer of choice
• Advance the campus master plan and improve space utilization to enhance the student experience and promote teaching and learning
• Cultivate an Ithaca Forever community, inspired by the power of the Ithaca College experience.
To read or download the plan, go to ithaca.edu/imagining-ithaca