Requirements per Instrument
Undergraduate Audition Requirements:
- Performance (B.M.)
- Performance and Music Education (B.M.)
- Composition (B.M.) -- audition only required for instrumental emphasis (private lesson) consideration
- Music (B.A.)
- Music Education (B.M.)
- Music in Combination with an Outside Field (B.M.)
- Sound Recording Technology (B.M.)
- Undeclared Music Major
- Minor in Music
- One complete, multi-movement work (concerto, sonata, or suite) from any historical period
- One lyrical, and one technical etude. Rochut/Bordogni, Kopprasch, Blazevich, and Snedecor etudes are highly recommended.
- All major and minor scales, in quarter notes, quarter = 120 minimum. Be able to demonstrate the upper and lower extremities of your range.
Graduate Audition Requirements:
- Performance (M.M.)
- Music Education (M.M., M.S.)
Candidates must exhibit the equivalent preparation to that required for the Bachelor of Music in Performance at Ithaca College and give evidence of being equipped to perform successful recitals during the period of study for the degree program.
Prepare the following for a 20-minute audition:
- One lyrical etude
- One technical etude
- One baroque, classical, or romantic transcription
- One complete, major work (concerto, sonata, etc.) originally composed for the instrument
- Six contrasting orchestral excerpts as appropriate