Heckscher Foundation-Ithaca College Composition Prize
2015 Ithaca College International Heckscher Composition Prize
The Ithaca College School of Music is pleased to announce the 2015 Heckscher International Composition Prize. This year the competition is for the best work for solo piano submitted by a composer of any age or nationality. The work’s duration must be a maximum 15 minutes.
The composer of the winning work will receive $2,000. In addition, $500 will be provided toward travel/accommodation/meals. There is no application fee.
The winning work will be performed by Ithaca College faculty member concert-pianist Dmitri Novgorodsky. The composer of the winning work is expected to attend the award performance at Ithaca College on April 11, 2016.
Submission deadline is August 15, 2015. The winning work will be announced on the Ithaca College Heckscher Competition website by October 15, 2015.
Submission must be anonymous. Only ONE submission per composer will be accepted. Score and recording must show the title of the work only. Should any part of the composer’s name be legible on the score, recording or linked URLs, the entry will be disqualified.
For submitting materials electronically, please use the online entry form. No e-mail submissions will be accepted. To submit your materials, you will need to provide direct URLs to the following:
1. a score in PDF format (no other format will be accepted)
2. a recording, audio or video (if available). For audio, mp3 is preferred
3. a text or PDF document containing your full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. This document should be labeled with the title of your piece plus the words “contact info”, example: "Mypiece-contactinfo"
PDF, audio, video and text files should be uploaded to platforms such as Dropbox, Megaupload, or any hosting space, making sure that no part of the URL or linked page reveals the identity of the composer. Your materials must be available at the provided URL until at least October 15, 2015.
If any questions, send an e-mail to Dr. Jorge Grossmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
If sending hard copy, please submit:
1. Bound score
2. Recording (audio CD only)
3. Sealed envelope containing the composer’s name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (Write only the title of the musical work on the envelope.)
Dr. Jorge Grossmann
School of Music
953 Danby Rd
Ithaca, NY 14850
For return of materials, a SASE must be provided.
We strongly encourage electronic submissions