Skip to main content
Why Music Education at Ithaca College?
- Founded in 1892 as a conservatory of music, the Ithaca College
School of Music provides a comprehensive program devoted to
excellence in performance and pedagogy.
- Eleven full-time music education faculty members and 13
part-time professionals guide music education undergraduates
through a full and rich experience with major-area courses and
- Music education faculty members are educator-practitioners;
they continue to work regularly with music students in public
schools and remain current in contemporary practices and
- The undergraduate music education degree can be completed in
four years, or it can combined with a performance degree and
completed in four and a half years.
- Among the graduate degrees offered by the School of Music are
the master of music and master of science degrees in music
education. These 30-credit, non-thesis degree programs can be
completed in a calendar year of full-time study or in three to four
years of summer study.