Skip to main content
String Music Education
Why String Music Education at Ithaca College?
- We offer one of the largest undergraduate string music
education programs in the country, delivering innovative and
evolving curricula to educate and prepare music leaders for the
- We have two robust
graduate degree tracks and multiple competitive graduate
assistantship opportunities in both our summer and
- We maintain a near 100% job
placement rate for our graduates upon degree completion.
- Our program offers full-time string music education pedagogue
James Mick, who
brings with him experience from all levels of the nation’s
public school systems.
- We host a thriving string project titled Strings
Off And Running (SOAR), a junior student teaching program led
by Julie Carr, an IC
Lecturer with 40 years of experience as an educator.
- Through a blend of world-class faculty, state-of-the-art
facilities, professional performance opportunities, access to
liberal arts classes, and a beautiful campus setting, students grow
in a challenging yet supportive community.