Re-Recognition is the process through which Ithaca College officially recognizes student organizations as a part of the college community. Each recognized student organization – new and returning – must receive recognition with the Office of Student Engagement every year.
The recognition process for returning organizations for the 2020-2021 academic year opens on August 3, 2020 and closes on December 11, 2020. Student organizations that are not recognized may not advertise, use Ithaca College resources, or make venue reservations until their recognition is completed.
Organizations are in a grace period until September 28. This means they can function as a recognized organization while completing the process. Once the grace period ends, an organization cannot request/spend funding, reserve space or hold programs until the process is completed.
If you have any questions throughout this process, please contact the Office of Student Engagement at (607) 274-3222, email@example.com, or stop by during our drop-in office hours every Friday from 10 am - 12 pm (zoom link can be requested through firstname.lastname@example.org).
Returning organizations must meet the following requirements::
- Complete Registration on IC Engage
- This includes: updating the organization page, roster (must have at least ten active members), and uploading an updated constitution that states a mission statement, membership and non-discrimination clause. Students must use the student organization constitution template.
- All officers and members must accept their membership on IC Engage (invitation sent via e-mail from Engage)
- Organizations will identify three members who will be allowed to post on intercom on behalf of the student organization
- Have 10 active members (including 4 officers, 1 presiding officer, 1 finance manager, 1 health and safety officer)
- Organizations are required to provide this information on the registration update
- Have a full time Ithaca College employee agree to be the advisor
- Advisor must agree to the terms & conditions sent to them via e-mail.
- Complete the Officer Training
- Student organization officers must complete a quiz as a part of the recognition process. Officers are encouraged to read the Student Organization Guidebook
- The President and two officers must complete the officer quiz
- Treasurers must complete the treasurer quiz
- Health and safety officer must attend a specific training which will provide an overview of the College policies and procedures of how to keep meetings and events safe while we are on campus.
- Attend one Re-Recognition Workshop. Workshop Dates will be listed on a IC Engage.
- Each organization must send one representative to attend a Leading @ IC Workshop.
- You must sign up for the workshop 24 hours in advance on IC Engage.
- Though one individual could complete the workshop requirement on behalf of an organization, we highly encourage student organizations to attend any workshop they find interesting!
- *The Student Governance Council Funding Workshop required for an organization to submit funding requests is NOT included in this.
If you have any questions throughout this process, please contact the Office of Student Engagement, e-mail email@example.com.
Recognized student organizations have the ability to:
- Create and utilize an Engage profile- giving you access to a number of helpful resources
- The ability to reserve facilities on campus, with minimal or no rental charge, for meetings and programs
- Solicit on campus
- Post on intercom. Through the registration form on Engage, each student organization can identify three members to post on intercom on behalf of the student organization.
- Hang posters and fliers across campus (https://www.ithaca.edu/sacl/events/policy/solicitation/)
- Apply to promote your organization and programs on one of our many campus center bulletin boards
- Submit material to be distributed in Club Hub, a bi-weekly newsletter distributed to all student organization members and advisors. For questions regarding the Club Hub newsletter, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Travel and represent Ithaca College at conferences and programs
- Use “Ithaca College” in your name
- Apply for funding through the Student Governance Council
- Use the Student Activities Center
- Apply for storage in the student organization storage cabinets