RETURNING ORGANIZATIONS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Complete Registration on IC Engage.
- This includes: updating the organization page, roster (must have at least ten active members), and uploading an updated constitution that states a mission statement, membership, and non-discrimination clause. Students must use the student organization constitution template.
- All officers and members must accept their membership on IC Engage (invitation sent via e-mail from Engage).
- Organizations will identify three members who will be allowed to post on intercom on behalf of the student organization.
2. Have 10 active members (including 4 officers, 1 presiding officer, 1 finance manager).
- Organizations are required to provide this information on the registration update.
3. Have a full time Ithaca College employee agree to be the advisor.
- Advisor must agree to the terms & conditions sent to them via e-mail from IC Engage.
4. Complete the Officer Training.
- The President and the Treasurer of each organization must complete an officer training as a part of the recognition process. Officers are encouraged to review our website which is regularly updated to provide the most up-to-date information that student organizations should know.
- Presidents must complete the president quiz.
- Treasurers must complete the treasurer quiz.
5. Attend one Re-Recognition Workshop. Workshop Dates will be listed on IC Engage beginning on Monday, August 22nd.
- The President of each organization must attend a Leading @ IC Workshop.
- You must sign up for the workshop 24 hours in advance on IC Engage.
- We highly encourage student organizations to attend any workshop they find interesting!
- The SGC Funding Workshop does NOT count towards the recognition workshop credit.
If you have any questions throughout this process, please contact the Office of Student Engagement, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECOGNIZED STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS HAVE THE ABILITY TO:
1. Create and utilize an Engage profile which gives you access to a number of helpful resources.
2. Reserve facilities on campus, with minimal or no rental charge, for meetings and programs.
3. Solicit on campus including hanging posters and fliers across campus after approval .
4. Post about your organization on Intercom. Through the registration form on Engage, each student organization can identify three members to post on intercom on behalf of the student organization.
5. Apply to promote your organization and programs on one of our many campus center bulletin boards.
6. Submit material to be distributed in Club Hub, a bi-weekly newsletter distributed to all student organization members and advisors. For questions regarding the Club Hub newsletter, email email@example.com.
7. Travel and represent Ithaca College at conferences and programs.
8. Use “Ithaca College” in your organization name.
9. Apply for funding through the Student Governance Council.
10. Have access to of supplies/items you may need to create materials for your student organization in the Student Activities Center.
11. Apply for storage in the student organization storage cabinets and storage closet.