- Create and maintain a network of organizations and offices implementing crime, interpersonal and sexual violence prevention education on campus
- Facilitate regularly scheduled campus-wide training opportunities to enhance knowledge of interpersonal violence
- Provide skill development opportunities on how to respond as a prosocial bystander and provide support to individuals that have been impacted by interpersonal violence
- Provide prevention education on domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, and sexual violence
- Empower individuals with a sense of purpose and responsibility to co-create a safer community
- Discuss the intersection of substance use, interpersonal violence, and consent
- Identify any gaps in campus programming initiatives and make recommendations to appropriate offices and/or organizations to implement needed programming
- Develop and implement at least one campus-wide initiative each semester (i.e., Sexual Assault Awareness Month and Domestic Violence Awareness Month)
PEN is a committee designed to enhance IC's prevention education by creating a network of professional staff, faculty, students, and community partners invested in empowering the community through education and co-curricular programming.
Follow the link below to get more information on the workshops we offer year round! If you are interested or have any questions don't be shy! Reach out!
Elyse Nepa, Assistant Director of the Clery Act & Prevention Education
Check us out on Instagram @ic_pen