The charge given the the public health task force by President Shirley M. Collado is as follows:
- Advise the Director, Public Health Emergency Preparedness regarding institutional public health actions necessary to respond to COVID-19.
- Recommend appropriate policies and procedures to protect public health, most immediately related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Monitor established warning signs and metrics regarding COVID-19 prevalence and recommend appropriate actions.
- Request that Action Groups be established, when appropriate, to further develop particular policies or procedures, or enhance institutional response in certain areas.
- Identify experiential learning opportunities that may exist for students while navigating our public health response.
- Bring forward communication gaps that exist among campus constituencies and suggest needed communication strategies.