If you have a life-threatening emergency and need immediate assistance, call the Office of Public Safety, at 607-274-3333. Public Safety is open 24 hours each day, 7 days a week.
Unlike most other offices on campus, CAPS is not required to share information about sexual assault incidents.
Who to contact during a crisis
- CAPS (Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM): 607-274-3136 Ask about Same Day Crisis Services; After-hours On-Call Counselors available 5 PM to 8:30 AM, Monday through Friday, and 24/7 on weekends/holidays/whenever CAPS is closed, just call the CAPS phone number and follow the prompts
- IC Public Safety (24/7): 607-274-3333
- Suicide Prevention & Crisis Hotline (24/7):607-272-1616
- Crisis Text Line (24/7): Text LISTEN to 741741
- The Trevor Project (24/7): 866-488-7386 (suicide lifeline and a resource for LGBTQIA+ students)
- The Trans Lifeline (24/7): 877-565-8860
- Advocacy Center (24/7): 607-277-5000 (a resource for sexual assault and domestic violence support)
- Cayuga Medical Center (24/7): 607-274-4011 (ask operator to transfer you to the ER)
- Cayuga Taxi (24/7): 607-277-2777 (fares can be charged to your student account using student ID)
SUMMER SERVICES (begins the Monday after Graduation
Weekend through the Start of Fall Semester)
Business Hours are Monday - Thursday, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM; Friday 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM