Ithaca College Students - Please contact the Hammond Health Center and schedule an RN appointment at 607-274-3177 to receive a flu vaccination or go to your MyICHealth portal and web book an appointment.
Flu Pod is October 15, 2019 8:30am -12pm Emerson Suites.
Please remember the following reasons why getting your flu shot is important:
- 5 minutes to get vaccinated, or the increased risk of 2+ weeks to recover from the flu?
- Flu outbreaks are preventable if everyone gets their shot.
- More than 200,000 individuals are hospitalized annually from flu complications.
- You can spread the flu before you even know you are sick.
- The flu vaccine lasts for the entire flu season!
Personal Prevention - Your health is in your own two (clean!) hands, so follow this flu prevention advice from health experts. Avoid the Flu:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Wipe down/clean shared surfaces (doorknobs, keyboards, phones, etc.) with disinfectant.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Get a seasonal flu vaccine.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Exercise on a regular basis and get plenty of rest
Prepare a Health Kit:
- Most individuals who develop flu symptoms can recover at home with little or no medical intervention. However, appropriate self-care is important. We encourage all members of our living and learning communities to prepare a health kit for self-care during the flu season.