Handicapped Parking Requests

As of January 15, 2010, Ithaca College Parking Services will no longer issue handicap permits. Now persons requiring a permit for mobility impaired needs should contact their local town/village/city office of their home residence jurisdiction for issuance of a state permit. Information regarding mobility impaired permits can be found at www.nysdmv.com – form MV-664.1

It will be an unusual instance for the Health Center MDs/PAs to be the primary issuing professional for a handicap permit. The professional who should be responsible for initiating & completing the form for the patient should be the person who is making the decision, i.e.-- the orthopedic doctor who is consulted, or the primary care physician treating the chronic illness, etc.

For further information on obtaining a handicap permit while you are here in Ithaca:

If the student resides on campus, which is in the Town of Ithaca, they will need to report to the Town of Ithaca Clerk at 215 N. Tioga Street, Ithaca. (607-273-1721)
If the student resides off campus, they need to report to the jurisdiction of their off campus housing.
If they reside in the City of Ithaca, they need to report to the City Clerk's Office located at 108 East Green Street, Ithaca. (607-274-6570)
If they reside in a township such as T/Danby, T/Caroline etc., they need to report to the clerk's office for the township.