March 10 - 17, 2018
The AB program at IC offers students the opportunity to engage in a week-long, service immersion experience that offers growth, challenges, and a chance to make positive impact in the lives of others.
Past Trips :
- Park Preservation Experience II (Kiptopeke State Park, VA), 10 Students, $100.00 USD
- The Pittsburgh Project (Pittsburgh, PA), 6 Students, $125.00 USD
- North Carolina Coastal Federation (Outer Banks, NC), 9 Students, $175.00 USD
- Food Justice in the Urban Environment (Washington DC), 6 Students, $200.00 USD
- Fighting Poverty, Creating Opportunity (Detroit, MI), 10 Students, $100.00 USD
Applications received on or before Friday, December 1, 2017, at 5pm will receive priority selection, meaning all applications received by this date will definitely be reviewed. Applications received after this date will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all trips are full.
Serving as a Participant-Leader:
We will select Participant-Leaders (PLs) to help prepare and lead each trip in 2018! PLs are responsible for:
- Leading an orientation session for their group prior to departure
- Working with their group to determine an activity for the group's free day
- Facilitating reflection sessions with their group during the trip
- Serving in a leadership role during the trip
- Assisting with the responsibility of driving (click here to see if you are eligible to drive)
- Sharing their experience with IC students when we get back to campus!
Students interested in serving as participant-leaders must complete the "participant-leader" portion of the ASB application.
For More Information:
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions or the ASB Trip Description document.
For all other questions, please contact Don Austin in OSEMA (email@example.com) or at 607 274 3222