Alternative Breaks at IC
Alternative Spring Break
Students often cite ASB as one of the most rewarding experiences of their college careers. Below are testimonials from recent participants:
"One of the things I appreciated during my experience is all of the people I met and got to know; the people at Cass that would take their time to get to know every person in your group, the residents of Cass who would always tell you a little about themselves (one of the resident Cheryl gave me so much self confidence and advice), and working together with other schools and even becoming friends with them. It was an amazing experience."
~Stephanie Greenidge '18, ASB Detroit
"I made some amazing new friends and memories that I will remember for the rest of my life."
~Casey Koenig '19, ASB Kiptopeke
"The organization we volunteered with was great. There was a variety of things we did every day and everything was engaging and meaningful in different ways. We also had enough time in the day to do other things outside of volunteering."
~Rianna Larkin '19, ASB Toronto
March 9 - 16, 2019
The Alternative Breaks program at IC is a variety of service immersion experiences that give students the opportunity to travel and make a difference in communities across the United States every fall, spring, or summer.
ASB 2018 Trips :
- State Park Improvement with Virginia State Parks (Kiptopeke State Park, VA) - 10 spaces available - $100.00
- Home Repair with the Pittsburgh Project (Pittsburgh, PA) - 10 spaces available - $100.00
- Coastal Conservation with the North Carolina Coastal Federation (Outer Banks, NC) - 10 spaces available - $150.00
- Food Security in the Urban Environment with DC Central Kitchen (Washington DC) - 6 spaces available - $150.00
- Urban Youth Art Programs with Providence City Arts (Providence, RI) - 6 spaces available - $150.00
Applications received on or before Friday, November 30, at 11:59pm will receive priority selection. Priority selection means that all applications received by this date will definitely be reviewed. Applications received after this date will be reviewed only if spaces are still available and until all trips are full.
For More Information:
Please see our "Frequently Asked Questions" or the ASB Trip Description document on the right.
For all inquiries, contact Don Austin in OSE (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at 607 274 3222