Programs coordinated by student organizations are not only opportunities for students to shape the Ithaca College experience but can be tremendous learning experiences for the students that develop them.
The importance of planning ahead cannot be overstated. Early and careful planning hels ensure successful programs and makes the professional staff’s work more efficient and effective.
When developing a program, it is essential that student organizations consider:
- How does the program help the student organization accomplish its mission?
- Who is the target audience?
- How will the program serve Ithaca College students and the Ithaca College community? How will all students relate to the experience?
- How will the program attract and benefit as many parts of the student body as possible? Who is the target audience? Can this be expanded?
- How many people will ideally be in attendance?
- How will the program be funded?
- Will guests require special arrangements or equipment?
- Are there other organizations with whom the student organization can collaborate?
*If your event needs AV, Catering, setup or public safety please contact Campus Center and Event Services.
For assistance with event planning please contact email@example.com.