Each year, student organizations host hundreds of on and off-campus programs. These programs coordinated by student organizations are not only opportunities for students to shape the Ithaca College experience but can be a tremendous learning experiences for the students who develop them. The importance of planning ahead cannot be overstated!
When developing a program, it is essential that student organizations consider:
- How does the program help the student organization accomplish its mission?
- Who is the target audience?
- How will the program serve Ithaca College students and the Ithaca College community? How will all students relate to the experience?
- How will the program attract and benefit as many parts of the student body as possible? Who is the target audience? Can this be expanded?
- How many people will ideally be in attendance?
- How will the program be funded?
- Will guests require special arrangements or equipment?
- Are there other organizations with whom the student organization can collaborate?
*If your event needs AV, Catering, setup or public safety please contact Conference Center and Event Services.
For assistance with event planning, don't hesitate to contact Mary Holland-Bavis (email@example.com), Assistant Director of Student Involvement.