Re-Recognition is the process through which Ithaca College officially recognizes student organizations as a part of the college community. Each OSEMA recognized student organization – new and returning – must receive recognition with the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs every year.
The recognition process for 2017-2018 is now closed. The recognition process for the 2018-2019 academic year will open on August 1, 2018 - December 7, 2018. Student organizations that are not recognized may not advertise, use Ithaca College resources, or make venue reservations until their recognition is completed.
To become a recognized student organization at Ithaca College each student organization, new and returning, must meet the following requirements::
- Complete the OSEMA Recognition form
(Returning ONLY) on the Club Hub Portal
- Complete those steps. (This form will be available August 1, 2018.)
- Update your Student Organization portal on OrgSync
- Go to your portal
- Edit your profile (include updated contact information, upload your current constitution, and write when your general meetings will be held)
- Take a screen shot and upload it to the OSEMA Recognition Form
- Have 10 active members (including 4 officers, 1 presiding officer, 1 finance manager)
- Have a full time Ithaca College employee agree to be the
adviser by signing an online Adviser Agreement and approving
- Adviser agreement will be sent out after the OSEMA Recognition form is completed.
- Upload a constitution that states the mission statement,
membership and the discrimination clause
a. View a sample constitution here
- Complete the Officer Training
- Student Organization officers are required to receive training. Officers can read the student organization guidebook or Student Organization Resource Book.
- The officers are required to complete the officer quiz.
- Treasurers are required to complete the treasurer quiz.
- Quizzes will be sent out after the OSEMA Recognition form is complete.
- Attend a Re-Recognition Workshop
- The President, Treasurer and one Officer must attend one Re-Recognition Workshop
- You can all attend the same one if you want, but we encourage you to attend different ones!
- You will fill out an evaluation at the end of each workshop which is how you will get credit
- Workshop Dates:
- Monday, August 27th 11 am Ithaca Falls
- Monday, August 27th 1 pm Ithaca Falls
- Tuesday, August 28th 11 am Ithaca Falls
- Tuesday, August 28th 1 pm Cayuga Lake
If you have any questions throughout this process please contact the OSEMA office 607-274-3222.
To recognize a new general student organization you must schedule a meeting with the Student Organization Recognition team in Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs.
After you have met with someone from the team please complete the New OSEMA Recognized Student Organization Form.
To setup a meeting please contact the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs at 607-274-3222 or stop by Egbert 325.
Recognized student organizations have the ability to create:
Create and have an OrgSync profile- giving you access to resources.
Access to resources and services offered by Ithaca College:
The ability to reserve facilities on campus, with minimal or no rental charge, for meetings and programs.
Solicit on campus:
Hang posters and fliers on approved campus bulletin boards. (https://www.ithaca.edu/sacl/events/policy/solicitation/)
Apply to use the bulletin boards.
Submit material to be distributed in Club Hub. (email email@example.com)
Travel and represent Ithaca College at conferences and programs.
Use “Ithaca College” in their names.
Apply for funding through Ithaca College.
Use the Student Activities Center and all resources found in the facility:
Apply for storage in the student organization storage cabinets or in free of charge off campus storage.
Failure to comply with policies implemented by the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs and/or Ithaca College may result in the loss of recognition by the student organization or other disciplinary action.