As a new member of the Ithaca College Community, we have some tips as you navigate through your first year on campus.
- Talk to your faculty members and get to know at least two during your first year.
- Read the Ithacan to become familiar with campus and community life.
- Assess your interests and personality by taking the Strong Interest Inventory and Myers Briggs.
- Network nights; spend an evening over winter break mingling with other students and alumni.
- Set up a meeting with your advisor to ensure that you are on track in your major for graduation.
- Find a part-time job on campus to start building your resume.
- Explore your interests by attending lectures and evening programs at Ithaca and in the community.
- Research job and internship opportunities on
eRecruiting and Opportunity Knocks.
- Stop by Career Services to get your resume and cover letter critiqued.
- Take the time to get involved in a club or organization during your first year on campus.
- Upload your resume onto eRecruiting and look for possible internship opportunities.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions or ask for help!
- Explore the Ithaca College course catalog.
- Navigate your way through the Alumni Online Community to find out what alumni are doing in your major.
- Take the time to define your career goals and values as they relate to your major.
- Spend some time exploring Ithaca’s unique natural beauty and culture.