Your health is in your own two (clean!) hands, so follow this flu prevention advice from health experts.
- Get a seasonal flu vaccine.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Wipe down/clean shared surfaces (doorknobs, keyboards, phones, etc.) with disinfectant.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Exercise on a regular basis and get plenty of rest.