Our Professional-Entry Level (or PEL) graduate degree is specifically designed to train people who may have a bachelor's degree in another area of study and/or who are career changers who want to be employed as an occupational therapist.
Our program is a great fit if you are interested in:
- Health and wellness and pursuing a rehabilitation profession
- Working with people of all ages who need specialized assistance to lead independent, productive, and satisfying lives due to physical, developmental, social, or emotional problems
- Supporting people with the "occupations" of self-care, work, and play/leisure activities to increase independence, enhance development, and/or prevent disability
- Gaining knowledge and skills across the lifespan, with an opportunity to focus in on specialty areas of practice
- Providing community and population based services to meet the needs of our changing society
In just over 2 years of successful study at Ithaca College, you will graduate with your master's degree and be eligible to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) competency exam to become a registered occupational therapist.