Meet Your Tour Guide
Our President's Hosts are highly knowledgeable tour guides who know Ithaca College inside and out. Browse their profiles to see who you might meet during your upcoming campus tour, or learn more about the student guide who introduced you to the Ithaca College campus and community while you were here.
Whether you have been to campus or not, you'll find contact info for most of our President's Hosts in their profiles below, and we invite you to reach out to them for assistance with your college search process. Our President's Hosts are excited to work with you before, during, and after your visit!
|English and Writing with a Creative Writing Concentration | Bronx, NY|
Minor: Latino/a Studies
ICC Theme: Identities
Some cool things I do on campus are:
Ithaca Catholic Community Leadership Team (Spirituality Chair, Liturgical Ministry, Music Ministry), Participant in Kairos Retreat with Cornell University, and Freshman Retreat: Being a part of this community has been a true blessing because I have been able to connect with wonderful people of faith from across two campuses, and I can truly say that from my involvement in things such as Thursday Fireside Mass & Soup Suppers, and Weekly Sunday Mass, I have found my second home at Ithaca.
PODER (Latinx Student Organization): The Hispanic Community at Ithaca is a beautifully proud one and PODER has helped me connect with others and learn more about my identity as a Latina.
Spit That! (Spoken Word Club): I love poetry and have been writing for about 10 years. I love that this is a place where I can share my work with others without judgment, no matter where I am in the process. In the fall of 2017 I was a select poet for the A Nation of Unrest Reading where the poets shared political stories of resistance and change.
Students Today Alumni Tomorrow: As a member of this select student body I have had the opportunity to participate in events made to connect students with IC Alumni. I have learned so much about connections, about networking and about the importance of my involvement and impact as an undergrad.
Student Ambassador for IC Unity/ NYC Networking Nights: IC Unity is a Student/Alumni resource meant to connect students and Alumni of color.
Campus Choral: Choir intended for non-music major students, performed Fall 2017.
Amani Gospel Singers: Student run Gospel Choir, great community of talented students passionate about their faith. I got to perform recently at the Island Fusion Dance Show.
First Generation Organization: Community for first gen students to come together for support and resources to make our college experience the best one possible.
Residence Hall Association/ Community Council Building Governor: Selected as a member for the Leadership Team for the First Year Residential Committee for upper quads where we would come together to plan out community events, discuss issues and solutions to make our residential buildings and halls the best they could be.
Queen Strength: women empowered club focused on physical, mental and nutrition health.
- Emerging Scholars Program (ESP)
- Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP)
- Ithaca Achievement Program (IAP)
- Careers in Science Technology Engineering and Math (CSTEM)
I have been very involved in the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs (OSEMA), some of my involvements are included below:
Student Leadership Institute:
- Leading Self and Leading Others Leadership Certificates
- Business and Organizational Leadership Conference
- STAR Student Leadership Organization Conference
- Woman in Leadership Experience
Community Service/ Engagement:
- JUMPSTART (Community Plunge): Opportunity for First Year Students to move in a few days earlier to experience Ithaca. I was allowed to connect with the great Ithaca Community by giving back through service, and I also met a lot of great people.
- Service Saturdays (Including MLK Day of Service): Community Service Opportunities offered throughout the course of one day for busy students who’d still like to be involved. Helps students connect back with both the greater Ithaca community and IC students
- Alternative Spring Break: This Spring I was selected to go to a week-long service trip to Washington DC to learn about Food Justice in the Urban Environment and work with non-profits and soup kitchens in hopes to find a solution to this very prevalent problem.
- Cross Cultural Leadership Retreat- this was such a powerful and amazing experience because I was amongst a diverse group of scholars where we got to discuss issues based on race, identity, religion, sexuality etc. It was a great way to connect with others on a greater level and I was able to learn how to bring that impact I received back to campus.
- Freshman Leadership Weekend- I got to meet so many cool and very involved freshman leaders across campus that are willing to make change and make IC the best possible place it can be.
I love Ithaca College and I definitely think that I made the best decision!
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org