- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you are not required to pay an application fee. (Ithaca College waives that requirement.) Select the Institutional Fee Waiver on the Common Application.
How to apply
Step 1: Apply for undergraduate admission via the Common Application.
Step 2: Submit the following supporting materials to Ithaca College.
- An original secondary school transcript or marks sheet (grades) that bears the school seal and certifying signature of a school authority. Also submit official transcripts from any and all universities attended. Provide a certified English translation of all transcripts that are not in English.
- Letter of recommendation from the principal, school head, or college counselor, sent directly from your school to Ithaca College
- Proof of English proficiency (see "English proficiency," below, for additional information).
- SAT or ACT with Writing test results (optional)
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit official results of a test of English proficiency. (Applicants who have previously attended a high school, college, or university where English is the principal language of instruction and who have earned passing grades in English courses for at least three years are exempt from this requirement.)
Recommended minimum scores:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Recommended score of 80 or higher on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Recommended score of 6.0 or higher
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): Recommended score of 54 or higher
- Duolingo English Test: Recommended score of 105 or higher
Note: The Ithaca College code for TOEFL is 2325. There are no university and college codes for IELTS, PTE Academic, or Duolingo English Test.
A score of 600 or its equivalent on the evidence-based reading and writing section of the SAT exempts applicants from the testing requirement.
Please contact the Office of Admission if you have additional questions about English fluency certification.
Step 3: Special program requirements for applicants to music and theatre programs
- Applicants to music and theatre programs at Ithaca College must audition or interview.
Step 4: Apply for financial aid
Undergraduate international students may qualify for Ithaca College institutional aid, including scholarships, grants, and campus employment. International citizens applying for the 2022-2023 academic aid year (Fall 2022 and Spring 2023) should complete the Financial aid Application in the IC Connect portal to be considered for need-based financial aid.
Read more about financial aid for international students.
For more information
Bridget O'Connor, Admission Counselor
Office of Admission
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850-7020