- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you are not required to pay an application fee. (Ithaca College waives that requirement.) Select the Institutional Fee Waiver on the Common Application.
How to apply (international)
Step 1: Apply for undergraduate admission via the Common Application.
Step 2: Submit the following supporting materials to Ithaca College.
- An original secondary school transcript or marks sheet (grades) that bears the school seal and certifying signature of a school authority. Also submit official transcripts from any and all universities attended. Provide a certified English translation of all transcripts that are not in English.
- Letter of recommendation from the principal, school head, or college counselor, sent directly from your school to Ithaca College
- Proof of English proficiency (see "English proficiency," below, for additional information).
- SAT or ACT with Writing test results (optional)
Step 3: Special program requirements for applicants to music and theatre programs
- Applicants to music and theatre programs at Ithaca College must audition or interview.
Step 4: Apply for financial aid
Undergraduate international students may qualify for Ithaca College ("institutional") aid, including scholarships, grants, and campus employment. To be considered for institutional aid, you must complete the CSS Profile.
United States citizens and permanent residents should submit the FAFSA to determine eligibility for U.S. federal or state aid.
For more information about financial aid, see ithaca.edu/finaid/international.
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit official results of a test of English proficiency. (Applicants who have previously attended a high school, college, or university where English is the principal language of instruction and who have earned passing grades in English courses for at least three years are exempt from this requirement.)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Recommended score of 80 or higher on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Recommended score of 6.0 or higher
Please contact the Office of Admission if you have additional questions about English fluency certification.
For more information
Sandy Kelley, Associate Director of Admission
Office of Admission
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850-7020