Every fall, up to 60 incoming first-year and transfer students are selected to participate in this program, which promotes personal and professional growth and comes with an annual $7,000 scholarship that can be renewed for all four of a student's undergraduate years at Ithaca.
Leadership Scholar Program
About the Program
As a leadership scholar, you’ll have diverse opportunities to explore your leadership potential, collaborate with other student leaders, and mentor and lead your peers in
- campus leadership activities such as Leadership Weekend, the Social Action Leadership Retreat, the Women in Leadership Experience, and the Student Leadership Institute;
- on-campus jobs that provide training and potential for advancement into managerial positions;
- governance organizations such as the Student Government Council and the Residence Hall Association;
- peer-to-peer mentoring roles such as peer career adviser, resident assistant, student leadership consultant, or Jumpstart program team leader; and
- more than 200 registered student organizations that provide direct links to academic interests; artistic pursuits; recreational, competitive, and intramural sports; community and volunteer service; social issue and peer education programs; cultural awareness; and career development.
You’ll also be challenged to put your skills, knowledge, and leadership philosophy into action. As you pursue your personal passions—on campus and off—you’ll collaborate with your peers on projects that will have a positive impact on the community.
Important Dates and Deadlines
The application for the Leadership Scholar program is now available in your application status portal. (Please note that to apply, you first must apply for admission to Ithaca College via the Common App.) The deadline to apply has been extended to March 1, 2020.
- Applicants for fall admission may apply to the Leadership Scholar Program.
- Applicants for spring admission are not eligible to apply to the Leadership Scholar Program.