Formal Complaints for Faculty
FORMAL COMPLAINTS for FACULTY
PETITION AND COMPLAINT PROCESSES for FACULTY:
Grievance Committee: The Grievance Committee is a body appointed by each school with two tenured members of the school elected for a two-year term on a staggered basis.
Institutional Policies: The grievance policy cannot be used to change or delete institutional policies found in other volumes of the Ithaca College Policy Manual. Faculty who have concerns about institutional policies and procedures should discuss these concerns with their chairs or deans or bring them to the attention of the appropriate directors, vice-president, or policy development committee.
Discrimination/Bias-Based Harassment complaints: https://www.ithaca.edu/hr/compliance/
Sexual Misconduct/ Sexual Harassment (Title IX): www.ithaca.edu/ogc/harassment/title9/
Office of Public Safety complaints: www.ithaca.edu/sacl/safety/complaints
· Institutional Policy on Disability (2.5): https://www.ithaca.edu/policies/vol2/volume_2-205/
· Reporting Sexual Misconduct (2.1.4): www.ithaca.edu/policies/vol2/2_1/
· Grievance Procedure for Discrimination Complaints (2.3.2): www.ithaca.edu/policies/vol2/volume_2-203/
· Sexual Harassment Policy (2.6): https://www.ithaca.edu/policies/vol2/volume_2-206/
· Guidelines for Resolving Discrimination Complaints (2.7): www.ithaca.edu/policies/vol2/volume_2-207/
· Grievance Policy (4.16): https://www.ithaca.edu/policies/vol4/volume_4-416/
· Problem Resolution Procedure (5.4): https://www.ithaca.edu/policies/vol5/volume_5-504/
SUPPORT RESOURCES for FACULTY
Provost’s Information Page: academic resources for faculty.
Center for Faculty Excellence: inspire organizational growth and change toward an integrated, holistic approach to higher education
ENI Employee Assistance Program: ENI is a third party that provides Employee Assistance Program (EAP) resources for Ithaca College employees, including counseling services, child/elder care resources, and legal and financial consultations, among others.
“It’s About You”: Work/Life Program: “It’s About You” programs provide resources designed to help balance the multiple responsibilities related to work, personal, and family life.
Office of Civil Rights (US Department of Education) - https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/index.html
NYS Division of Human Rights - https://dhr.ny.gov/contact-us
Office of College and University Evaluation (NYS Education Department) - http://www.highered.nysed.gov/ocue/
The Advocacy Center - http://www.theadvocacycenter.org/