At Ithaca College, online survey research should be conducted using Qualtrics, an online survey tool licensed by the college for use by faculty, staff, and students. Qualtrics is a highly customizable tool that allows you to create, distribute, analyze, and report survey data. Click here for an introduction to Qualtrics.
In addition to the introduction, the Qualtrics Support website has a number of brief how-tos and articles on several topics, such as:
- Creating a Project (create a survey)
- Survey Options (change general survey settings: expiration date, message when survey completed, partial completions)
- Creating a Contact List (create and import a contact list into Qualtrics from a file)
- Collecting Responses (deactivate, edit active survey, change survey expiration date)
- Emails Overview (send emails to the survey population)
- Email Distribution Management (view history of scheduled mailings, send reminder emails)
- Reports Overview (create or copy a report)
Please note that Qualtrics Classic Reports will be discontinued on March 31st, 2021, replaced by Advanced Reports. More information about Advanced Reports is available here. Users who have accessed Classic Reports in the past 12 months should have received an email notification from Qualtrics about this change.
Where to go for additional assistance
Information about contacting Qualtrics Support is available on this web page. Use your Ithaca College Netpass (email login) information to log into the Qualtrics Support Portal.
The Office of Analytics and Institutional Research is also available by email (IRoffice@ithaca.edu) for general assistance with survey research.