At Ithaca College, online survey research should be conducted using Qualtrics, an online survey tool licensed by the college for use by faculty, staff, and students. Qualtrics is a highly customizable tool that allows you to create, distribute, analyze, and report survey data. Click here for an introduction to Qualtrics.
In addition to the introduction, the Qualtrics Support website has a number of brief how-tos and articles on several topics, such as:
- Creating a Project (create a survey)
- Survey Options (change general survey settings: expiration date, message when survey completed, partial completions)
- Creating a Contact List (create and import a contact list into Qualtrics from a file)
- Collecting Responses (deactivate, edit active survey, change survey expiration date)
- Emails Overview (send emails to the survey population)
- Email Distribution Management (view history of scheduled mailings, send reminder emails)
- Reports Overview (create or copy a report)
Qualtrics will be migrating IC's Qualtrics site to a new platform, XM Directory, the week of May 23, 2022. As a result of this migration, Qualtrics will have a new user interface, as well as new features. You can learn more about XM Directory on the following pages:
Where to go for additional assistance
Information about contacting Qualtrics Support is available on this web page. When logging into Qualtrics Support, enter your Netpass username without the @ithaca.edu, then click on "Sign in with SSO" and enter our organization ID: ithaca, then click on the "Continue" button.
The Office of Analytics and Institutional Research is also available by email (IRoffice@ithaca.edu) for general assistance with survey research.