Respect for the residential environment is crucial to creating a hall or apartment community which residents can enjoy.
You are responsible for any damage, misuse, or theft of College property that occurs within your room or apartment. You will be charged for the cost to replace, reassemble, or repair any missing or damaged property that was furnished to you.
Billing for damages is done through the Office of Residential Life and applied to your student account statement. Your Resident Assistant (RA) does not, under any circumstances, determine what is or is not billed.
Common area damage affects everyone in the community resulting in increased housing costs. When damage occurs in a public or common area, the Residence Director (RD) will work with students and staff to determine, if possible, who is responsible for the damage and its associated cost to repair.
You can avoid assessment of damage charges by these simple steps:
- Complete and submit the Apartment/Room Condition Report (ACR/RCR) provided to you at check-in so it reflects the "move-in" condition of your room or apartment.
- Decorate in ways and with materials consistent with Room Personalization policy.
- Use furnishings in ways for which these are intended.
- Clean and vacuum regularly.
- Promptly report maintenance issues.
- Do not remove college furniture from your room or apartment.