The text of the community agreement is available below, but students, faculty, and staff must formally sign and submit the agreement electronically (Netpass login required).
Requirements and Guidelines
Complete the Agreement
Ithaca College aims to deliver its mission while taking reasonable steps to protect the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff members and the broader Ithaca community.
As a member of the Ithaca College community – whether a residential student, off-campus student, employee, or other community member – your experience at Ithaca College will be impacted by the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) as the College continues to make decisions that are informed by the best available public health information. By signing this Agreement, you are acknowledging that the policies and guidelines referenced herein are incorporated into the Student Conduct Code, employment obligations, and other applicable rules maintained by the College, and that you have read understood, and agree to abide by the policies, guidelines, and expectations contained and referenced herein. We will take reasonable steps to update you with timely information about specific health and safety guidance important for all our community members as such guidance is available. Please read and sign this Agreement specifically acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to abide by the following important requirements:
1. COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL LAW
All members of the College community are required to comply with applicable public health law requirements, including New York State guidelines accessible through the College’s Health, Safety, and Prevention website. Mandatory health and safety guidance from government authorities and from the College will continue to evolve throughout the public health crisis.
2. HEALTH PROTOCOLS, QUARANTINE, ISOLATION
We expect all members of the College community to act in a manner that demonstrates respect and consideration for the health and safety of all Community members. All community members are REQUIRED to read and comply with the applicable public health instructions and guidelines from the College including those published on the College’s Health, Safety, and Prevention website, as updated. Additional requirements may apply to you based on your role, interactions, or responsibilities within the College as conveyed to you by appropriate College officials or materials.
The guidance materials referenced above include the following requirements, among others:
- Wearing a face covering at all times while indoors (with the exception of one’s own office while alone, in a residence hall room with your roommate, or while eating in a dining area)
- Physical distancing, by maintaining a minimum of 6 feet from others whenever possible
- Avoiding mass gatherings and limiting gatherings in accordance with the requirements of the New York State phased reopening plan.
- Handwashing frequently and for twenty seconds with soap, and following disinfection protocols
- Covering one’s mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, throwing used tissues in the trash, and, when a tissue is not available, covering with the elbow, not hands
- Restrictions on visitors and guests and travel
- Testing and self-quarantine protocols prior to arriving in Ithaca
- COVID-19 testing, both upon arrival and continuing throughout the semester, and daily screening protocols
- Contact tracing, isolation, and quarantine requirements
College community members must comply with daily screening to ascertain whether it is safe for them to proceed to campus, and communicate with the appropriate personnel if the screening indicates that it is not safe for them to do so. Furthermore, those who are unable to, or uncertain as to how they will, comply with any health and safety requirements are expected to provide early, clear and regular communications with appropriate personnel. Appropriate personnel may include a supervisor, Dean of Students, instructor, or office. Off-campus students must update their student account to provide an accurate local address and contact information upon arrival.
4. ACADEMIC PROGRAM DELIVERY
Ithaca College will adhere to its regular tuition refund policies as long as academic courses continue to be delivered.
5. ACCOMMODATIONS FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
Ithaca College is committed to facilitating the full participation of people with disabilities in all campus programs, activities, and events. For this reason, individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact the appropriate office to arrange for modifications to the social distancing rules.
- Students: Students who have an underlying health condition which precludes them from following health and safety requirements and expectations may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting Student Accessibility Services.
- Employees: Employees who have an underlying health condition which precludes them from following health and safety requirements and expectations may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting the Office of Human Resources.
The requirements and guidelines referenced herein are fully incorporated into the rules and policies applicable to each and every community member.
- Residential and Off-Campus Students: Violations of the guidelines, including off-campus conduct that is detrimental to health and safety, will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Conduct Code.
- Employees: Violations by Faculty, Staff, or Administration will be subject to disciplinary processes in accordance with the respective policies in the Ithaca College Policy Manual or collective bargaining agreement covering the individual.
- Organizations: If a recognized or unrecognized club or organization authorizes violation of these guidelines, it may be subject to penalties including rescissions of permission for that organization to operate at Ithaca College.
- Visitors: Violations by non-community members may result in the offender’s immediate removal from College property and possible barring from the premises.