Beginning the Fall 2021 semester, all Ithaca College faculty, staff, and students who intend to participate in human subjects’ research and have their protocols approved through the Institutional Review Board (IRB) MUST complete Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) through citiprogram.org. Below are the training requirements:
- New IRB board members MUST complete the Human Subjects Research Board Member training course.
- Continuing board members MUST complete the Social & Behavioral - Basic/Refresher training course.
- Faculty and Staff who intend on submitting a research protocol through the IRB MUST complete the Social and Behavioral Research – Basic/Refresher training course and have a certificate of completion of the course.
- Faculty applying for Delegated Review MUST complete the Social and Behavioral Research – Basic/Refresher training course.
- Undergraduate and graduate students who intend on conducting research and seeking approval for their projects through the IRB should complete the Student Conducting Research training course. NOTE: The completed student certificate must be included in the PI's documents via Axiom for override approval of the auto-uploaded Social and Behavioral Research - Basic/Refresher course.
Faculty, staff, and students conducting research must first register through citiprogram.org and link their account to Ithaca College. Upon completion of the course listed above, the certificate will be linked to Axiom Mentor through which faculty, staff, and students will be able to submit their research protocols for IRB consideration and approval.