Funders often ask for a one- or two-page concept paper prior to submission of a full proposal. This helps the funder save time by eliminating ideas that are not likely to be funded and may also serve as a platform for further discussion with the funder’s program officer.
How Do I Write a Grant?
How To Write A Concept Paper?
Agency-Specific Guides To Grant Writing
U.S. Department of Education (USDE)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Grant Writing Tips Sheets (NIH)
- Sample Applications and More (NINDS - NIH)
- Hints for Writing Successful NIH Grants
- Tips for New NIH Applicants (NIGMS - NIH)
- New Investigator Guide to NIH Funding (NIAID - NIH)
- Common Mistakes in Writing Applications (NIH)
- NCURA YouTube Videos: NIH Application Submission Options
- NIH R15 Checklist - Academic Research Enhancement Award (AREA) for Undergraduate-Focused Institutions
National Science Foundation (NSF)
Examples and Templates of Data Management Plans
Examples of DMPs
- Data Management Plan Example
- Creating a Good Data Management Plan (University of New Mexico)
- Yale University’s Data Management Plan Examples
- DataONE (Data Observation Network for Earth) data management plan examples for environmental scientists.
Integrated Earth Data Applications (IEDA) Data Management Tool is an online form you can fill out to help generate your data management plan. The form is for the earth sciences.
Need Help from a Consultant?
Sponsored Research has consultants to assist with the grant-writing process and statistical methodology.
Sponsored Research has contracted with a local statistical consulting firm to assist faculty/staff with analyzing data for grant proposals and projects. Funding is limited and the research proposal or project must be eternally supported.
Depending upon the cost and extent of need, Sponsored Research might be able to contract with an external grant writer to help you prepare your proposal. Or, an external reviewer to look over your proposal to make sure it adequately addresses the grant solicitation/guidelines before it gets submitted.
Process and Statistical Assistance?
Contact Sponsored Research to request grant-writing and statistical assistance.