Applications, Guidelines, and Other Forms
Plan to conduct an anonymous survey? You do not need an Informed Consent Form. Simply place the information that participants will read before they take the survey and label it Online Cover Sheet (for online surveys) or Tear-Off Cover Page (for paper surveys).
- Select Applications for forms or to review sample applications
- Select Appendices for required recruitment statements and informed consent forms
- Select Guidelines and Forms for Ithaca College's Guidelines, federal regulations, HIPPA or Notice of Completion forms
|Application for Delegated Review (for faculty only)|
|Studies of protected populations or with more than minimal risk cannot go through delegated review - see sidebar to the right|
Click below to access cover page, application and appendices:
Please note that faculty applying for delegated review status must complete CITI training
Student Project Summary Template – to be included with application packet – Each one of your students should submit this template for your review. Please include a copy of this one page template with your application - you are free to revise the template.
A list of topics that students will be doing is also required as an attachment.
A separate proposal should be submitted for each type of overarching method that student researchers might utilize (questionnaires, face-to-face interviews, focus groups, etc.)
Instructors of research methods courses (or similar) in which multiple student projects are completed in a semester may request permission from IRB to review those projects on the Board's behalf.
The following are types of projects that can be reviewed under delegated review:
• Anonymous pencil and paper questionnaires, participants age 18 or older
• Anonymous online surveys, participants age 18 or older
• Face to face interviews in which is no greater than minimal risk, participants age 18 or older
• Observational studies in which there is no greater than minimal risk, participants age 18 or older