Student Conduct Board Member Position Description
Student Conduct Board Member positions are one-year appointments. Board members who are selected to the Conduct Review Board will take turns sitting on hearing boards with faculty and staff conduct board members. These hearing boards review cases of alleged violations of the Student Conduct Code and Residential Life Rules and Regulations, make decisions of responsibility or innocence and set sanctions which range from verbal warning to permanent expulsion from the College.
- Student board members should be in good academic standing with the College at the time the appointment would take effect.
- Student board members should be in good standing with the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.
- Some of the personal qualities expected for a student board member include:
- Positive role model for the Ithaca College community
- Strong interpersonal skills (listening skills, communication skills, assertiveness, etc.)
- Ability to evaluate the facts of a case and come to an objective decision
- Ability to function well in a group
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the position
- Ability to be open-minded and non-judgmental
Student board members typically serve on 1-2 hearing boards per semester. There will be a mandatory training session to prepare board members.
If interested please complete the following application: Student Board Member Application Form
If you have any questions please contact the office at 607-274-3375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.