Participants in the Piano Institute live together on campus in a college residence hall. We have not yet finalized which residential hall will be used during summer 2022, but once that information is available it will be posted here.
Living on Campus
The Residence Hall
The college has a Residence Director and a Residential Coordinator on staff.
In addition, the residence hall is supervised by a team of mature, trained, male and female advisers who live in the residence hall with the students.
Residence hall personnel are required to be background checked.
All Piano Institute participants are required to abide by Ithaca College residential life policies and procedures.
What is Provided/What to Bring
Each residence hall is equipped with an extra long twin bed, bureau, closet, and small desk. The College provides sheets, a blanket, and a small towel.
We recommend that you bring:
- Extra towel and washcloth
- Own pillow and blanket if you prefer
- Array of informal clothes, including for warm and possibly hot days
- Bathing suit
- Sweater or light jacket for cool evenings
- One formal outfit for your performance
- Hangers for clothes, if needed
- Reading lamp
- Cell phone* (or other electronics) and charger
- Fan (the residential hall is not air conditioned)
- If you plan on participating in sports, bring tennis racket and balls, frisbee, baseball, softball glove, etc.
*Participants are allowed to have cell phones, but rules for using them will be enforced. Participants are not allowed to use cell phones during classes, performances, practice time or after 10 pm. If you must contact your child, the best time will probably be during the noon hour or dinner (5:30-6:30 pm) as those are the only times students are consistently free.
Check-In and Check-Out
More information for summer 2022 will be posted soon.
On the final day, students pick up their lunch and arrive at the residential hall around 12:15 p.m. Faculty and students will meet parents and family there.