Ithaca College requires that summer participants provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the start of the program. The college COVID-19 health and safety guidelines are available here and are adapted regularly to be responsive to pandemic conditions.
Applying to the Piano Institute
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Enrollment in the piano institute is limited and competitive. Early application is encouraged - prior to April 15 (although we will continue to accept applications until May 15). You will be notified whether you have been selected on or around April 30th. A non-refundable enrollment deposit of $250 is due within 10 days of notification of program acceptance.
- Submit an online application form through our CampMinder system.
- Save your username and password!
- Be sure to include Parent/Guardian info first (or else we'll think you have your parent's name).
- Once you've submitted the application and it's time to upload additional application requirements, visit the LOGIN page, and sign in using the username and password you created.
- Click the link for Documents to find what's required, and follow the instructions to upload.
- Upload your video recording of two pieces of contrasting character and style to YouTube, and upload the link to your CampMinder application. Returning students can skip this step, unless applying for a scholarship.
Minimum Repertoire Level
As a guideline, the minimum repertoire level recommended is equal in difficulty to the Bach Inventions or Suite movements, Clementi Sonatinas, and short Chopin works.
Participants must be at least 12 years old by June 1 with sufficient personal maturity to participate effectively in our intensive program. The upper age limit for participation is 18.
Questions About Applying?
Office of Extended Studies
Summer Piano Institute
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850