The Graduate Professional Excellence Award is given to graduate students whose work and leadership during their academic coursework points to a promising career in the field of physical therapy.
Jared D. Bauer
Graduate Professional Excellence Award
I was raised by my parents in Northampton, PA with my older brother. I am unbelievably thankful for the three of them because my success as a student, as well as a collegiate athlete, is a culmination of the work ethic and strong character they have taught me.
Ithaca College has provided me with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the physical therapy profession. But most importantly, it has provided me with long lasting relationships that have taught me more than anything one can read in a book. The countless opportunities I have had to interact with the diverse group of students and faculty in both academics and athletics has given me insight into the vast expanses of human experiences. I am extremely grateful for this perspective as it is something that I can carry with me for the rest of my life.
Academic Achievements and Personal Highlights
- Summa Cum Laude
- Ray Boone Scholarship
- Alpha Eta Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi and Oracle Honor Societies
- Chi Alpha Sigma, National College Athlete Honor Society
- “Scotty Whitelaw” Bowl Game Most Valuable Player
- Liberty League Athletic Conference All-Academic Team
- Ithaca College Scholar-Athlete
- Empire 8 Athletic Conference President’s List
- Combined Sections Meeting (2020) presentation, “Extension-based low back pain: effect of multifidi muscle fatty infiltrate in young athletes”