The Physical Therapy Student Association is a campus-recognized organization whose mission is to unite the cohorts of physical therapy students and foster professional, educational, and social activities in order to enhance the collegiate experience. The association strives to promote the function, health, and wellness of the Ithaca College community and surrounding areas through purposeful engagement.
- To unify the physical therapy cohorts in order to promote the profession and professional organizations (APTA, NYPTA, etc.)
- To collaborate with School of Health Sciences and Human Performance (HSHP) majors through interprofessional communication in order to promote function, health, and wellness.
- To foster professional development for the advancement of physical therapy students.
- To engage in purposeful service activities that encourage health and wellness as well as the promotion of the physical therapy profession.
- To collaborate with the Physical Therapy Department for the development and improvement of the physical therapy faculty, students, staff, and curriculum.
- Membership is open to all students enrolled at Ithaca College as a Physical Therapy major; regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, political or religious affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- Executive Board membership qualifications and election process described in the ICPTSA Constitution.
- Membership dues are not required