In the event of pregnancy:
- The learner must provide early and written notification of the pregnancy to the Program Director in order to formulate an individualized academic plan that will lead to satisfactory completion of the program.
- Written documentation from the OB/GYN provider must either release the learner as unrestricted or identify any limitations in the event that activities need to be restricted. This documentation must be submitted directly to the Program Director as soon as the pregnancy is confirmed.
- Upon the return to the program, OB/GYN provider must also submit written documentation directly to the Program Director, releasing the learner to return as a full-time learner with no restrictions.
- Time and assignments missed (either during the didactic or clinical phase) due to pregnancy must be made up and will delay graduation.
- All requirements must be completed successfully in order to graduate.