The mission of the Ithaca College Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) program is to educate, engage, and empower physician assistant learners to achieve excellence through medical theory, clinical practice, and exemplary professional performance in communities*.
The vision of the Ithaca College Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program is to be recognized for its servant leadership through equity framework and innovative thinking.
To achieve our mission and vision the Ithaca College Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program will:
- Adopt an equity framework that seeks to be inclusive of all people including those impacted by systematic disadvantage, marginalization, and exclusion.
- Respect and care for all human beings and seek to create and foster an environment that supports their authentic self.
- Strive for excellence through integration of the medical knowledge, clinical practice, and exemplary professional performance.
- Cultivate and encourage a culture of physical and emotional wellness.
- Practice self-awareness to increase trust in our clinical practices.
- Produce innovative Physician Assistant graduates who are forward-thinking, nimble, and adaptable to social and technological changes.
- Collaborate with our colleagues at Ithaca College to practice good stewardship of our resources and talents.
*Communities= historically marginalized, underserved, health professional shortage areas, and rural.