Beginning with your summer coursework, you will be immersed in the study of complex educational issues and current approaches to curriculum and instruction. Examples of coursework includes:
- Teaching and Learning for Healthy Child Growth and Development
- Educational Technology for Childhood Educators
- Language Development and Second Language Acquisition
- Curriculum and Instruction in Elementary School Mathematics
- Seminar in Reflective Practice
A full listing of required coursework and descriptions are available here.
Extensive field experiences in public schools are core to the success of this program; you are assigned to classrooms right from the first day of graduate study and continue working directly with children throughout the year. As a graduate of our program, you will have the knowledge and skills you need to become confident in the classroom and an outstanding first-year teacher.