Students involved with our education courses, programs, and experiences have a wide range of interests and professional pursuits in the field of education. If you see education as a way to make a difference in the world, our department could be a great fit if you are considering:
- teaching elementary, middle, or high school
- working with youth in other ways to make learning come alive for them
- shaping higher education
- improving schools and society through the development of more effective education policy
- pursuing legal cases to achieve greater equity and fairness in our educational system
Our popular Education Studies Minor and Teach in Five program are open to all undergraduate students. You can also pursue advanced training in one of our four options for graduate education teaching degrees.
A hallmark of your experience at Ithaca College will be the opportunity to spend time in area public schools in a variety of hands-on learning situations. You could:
- Help run an afterschool homework club
- Support students for success in math or science
- Work with new immigrant students and their families to help them thrive
- Assist with the AVID program at a local high school
After graduation, our students work, teach, and pursue additional education near and far. Our graduates have entered a variety of professions including law, social work, school psychology, business, special education, teaching, documentary filmmaking, journalism, textbook publishing, and more. The world of education is an exciting and rewarding one, and we invite you to join us as you explore it!