The Musical Theatre Workshop Classroom Assistant provides administrative support for the instructors for the preparation of course materials and weekly scheduling of in-class coaching sessions. The assistant is also responsible for operation of the video camera for recording in-class performances and managing the course's Media Gallery and assisting with the Canvas site.
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with Canvas, Kaltura, and Microsoft Word.
- Familiarity with sheet music to duplicate/scan for classroom use.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with course instructors on a weekly basis.
- Assist course instructors with scheduling of in-class student coaching sessions.
- Duplicate/scan music for in-class use.
- Assist with uploading of scanned materials to Canvas and video recordings to Media Gallery, as well as creating simple programs and players for performances.
- Operate video camera for recording in-class performances
- Set-up of chairs, tables, and video equipment, situating piano, and adjusting physical layout of classroom in preparation of the day's class agenda.
Hours: 5 hours per week. This class meets on Fridays from 12:10 to 4:00. During the spring semester, the assistant will attend classes that involve video recording.