The climbing wall officially opened in 2005 and has been the home for the climbing community ever since. We have four ropes: two on a vertical face, and two on a substantial overhang. During open hours, we have 2-3 staff members on hand to work with participants of every ability level. Shoes, chalk, and harnesses are provided.
The Climbing Wall
Climbing Wall Hours - Spring 2021
Ithaca College Climbing Wall Policies
- NO lead climbing during Climbing Wall hours
- All participants must sign Ithaca College’s LIABILITY RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE form before they can participate in any activities. Climbing is at the participant’s sole risk.
- Only those trained may belay. Belayers and climbers must follow ALL procedures covered in the training session or privileges may be revoked by the staff.
- Sandals, bare feet, or inappropriate shoes are strictly prohibited.
- Climbers must wear shirts.
- Ithaca College is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen articles.
- Participants must remove objects in the mouth (gum, candy, etc.) when climbing.
- Climbers must not make contact with the ceiling or the bolt hangers and hardware at the top of the climb.
- Any safety hazards and accidents, even minor ones, witnessed by participants, must be reported immediately to the staff
- Participants must abide by all Ithaca College Fitness Center policies.