Access - Faculty, staff, and students who wish to use the climbing wall must register for a climbing wall membership at the start of each academic year. Climbing wall memberships are free of charge, but all participants will be required to sign a waiver during the registration process. Once registration is complete, participants will be able to use their Ithaca College ID to access the climbing wall during the regularly scheduled hours of operation.
1. Climbing is permitted only when a Climbing Wall Attendant or some other qualified person (i.e. class instructor) is present and on duty.
2. Climbing shoes must be worn while climbing or bouldering. No bare feet or any other type of shoe may be worn while on the wall. Socks must be worn with our rental climbing shoes.
3. The shoulders of a person bouldering should never go above the top of the third row of panels on the climbing wall (as marked by red tape on each end of the wall).
4. Knots, harnesses, tie-ins, and carabiners must be checked by the Climbing Wall Attendant on duty or other designated individual before each climb session.
5. DO NOT use hangers for holds; you could seriously damage your fingers if you fall.
6. DO NOT climb directly above or below other climbers on the wall.
7. Climbers should never climb over, behind, or around the side of the wall structure.
8. Observe and practice safe climbing techniques. Dangerous or unsafe behavior will result in suspension of climbing privileges.
9. Cell phones and any technology used for listening to music are prohibited while actively climbing or belaying.
10. Food and drink are not permitted in the climbing area or gym with the exception of water.
11. Observers, non-climbers and climbing gear are not to be on the landing surface (black & blue mats).
12. Climbing Wall Attendants have the right and responsibility to stop participants from climbing or belaying