Canvas (Ithaca College's learning management system) is recommended as the primary method for the delivery of course materials and remote instruction.
Canvas provides access to a number of tools we can use for communicating, teaching, and assessing online. Using Canvas we can...
- Have access to the student roster and emails
- Facilitate announcements and communication
- Deliver content including files, links, and media
- Give assignments, collect and grade student work
- Give and grade quizzes
- Hold online discussion forums and chat
- Encourage student reflection
- Sequence the course content and activities into modules
- Securely connect to 3rd party tools such as Voicethread, Zoom, Leganto, and Kaltura
- Be supported by CFE, L&IT, SAS, and Library Staff