Sakai (Ithaca College's learning management system) is recommended as the primary method for delivery of course materials and remote instruction.
Sakai provides access to a number of tools we can use for communicating, teaching, and assessing online. Using Sakai we can...
- Have access to the student roster and emails
- Facilitate announcements and communication
- Deliver content including files, links, and media
- Give assignments, collect and grade student work
- Give and grade quizzes
- Hold online discussion forums and chat
- Encourage student reflection through blogging
- Sequence the course content and activities into modules or lessons
- Securely connect to 3rd party tools such as Voicethread, Zoom, Leganto, and Kaltura
- Be supported by TLT, SAS and Library Staff
Visit Using Sakai for Teaching and Learning to explore the Sakai Toolkit in-depth