The Ithaca Music Forum presents a remarkable roundtable on Hip-Hop as a music, a cultural practice, and a source of history. Free, with food.
HIP-HOP on EARTH, featuring
• SAMMUS (Enongo Lumumba-Kasongo) on songwriting and method
• Alex Blue V on the art and politics of production and "flipping" samples
• Carlos Ramirez on reggaetón in Puerto Rico
• Ben Ortiz on hip-hop archives
• Dr, Catherine Appert, moderator & expert on Senegalese hip-hop
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Deborah Rifkin at email@example.com or (607) 274-3786. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.