IC Mail Service launching expanded DEPARTMENTAL package notification
Contributed by Peter Schlough
IC Mail Service’s SQBX package tracking system can now generate automated email notifications for Departmental packages held at the IC Mail Center.
WHO DOES THIS APPLY TO?
These messages are intended as courtesy notifications for those employees who work for IC Departments which were not designated by the college as Essential (delivery notifications for these recipients are generated separately. Click here for more information).
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
- No response is required. Employees are not obligated to remove these items from our storage.
- Mail Service will continue to hold all mail and packages in its care until such time that the College authorizes the resumption of wider campus deliveries.
- If an employee wishes to pick up one or more pending packages, they may do so during regular Mail Center SUMMER business hours (open weekdays 8am-5pm, and Fridays closing at 3pm).
- Notification emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “IC Departmental delivery available at Mail Center.” These messages should not be flagged as spam/junk, phishing attempts, etc.
- Email recipients will be either the employee as named on the package’s shipping label, or, if no person’s name is provided, the name of the Department on the label.
- The first round of notifications will encompass all the deliveries which have accumulated at IC Mail Service since the campus was closed in March.
- Future notifications will occur if/when new deliveries arrive at Mail Service.
- This system is for trackable packages only. Regular letter mail is not trackable, and is not processed like packages, nor generates email notifications when available.
Please visit our webpage. You can reach us at email@example.com, or call the Mail Center at 607-274-7322, ext. 1.