For business continuity, refer to the Information Technology Working Remotely website for resources and best practices.
Information Technology will make reasonable efforts to support any equipment or connectivity issues experienced by employees working remotely. If you encounter issues connecting to Ithaca College resources, please contact our Service Desk for further support at 607-274-1000 or email@example.com.
- Access to a home computer, or laptop and charging cords
- Access to a webcam and microphone
- IT recommends following Apple's guidelines for cleaning your device(s)
- Faculty who would like to request hardware to support teaching/working from home can fill out a Technology Request Form
MOBILE DEVICE CONNECTIVITY
- Make sure you can access Sakai through a web-browser
- Bookmark apps.ithaca.edu and Sakai on your web-browser
- Download and test mobile apps including Microsoft Office and Zoom
- Confirm you have reliable internet access from your remote location.
- Information Technology has established a connectivity troubleshooting and resource guide to provide you with resources, solution providers and suggestions to acquiring and refining your home network connection.
RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Sakai and Zoom are the recommended primary tools for remote working and teaching
- Google Chrome is the recommended browser when using Sakai, and Sakai Tools
- Visit the Information Technology website for additional resources on Working Remotely
- Visit the Strategies to Keep Teaching webpage for resources on teaching and learning technologies